Hello! I’m Rebecca Waring-Crane.
What Inspires Me. People who move through life shifts with intention inspire me. As an artist, a teacher, and a writer, I love before and after stories. And it’s the space between before and after — the transition — that really fascinates me.
What I Wonder. If you’re like me, you wonder if there’s some secret to that space between. I’m not shy and I like research, so I ask people, “What do you do when life changes?” And then I listen. People will tell you all sorts of things if you just ask.
What I Learned. People who transition well are not wealthier, smarter, or better looking than everyone else. But they do have something in common. Again and again their transition stories include a similar set of strategies and choices. I call their wisdom Positive Practices™. Using the Positive Practices™ they move through all manner of life’s Big Changes with intention.
What I Do. Together with the warm, delightful Barbara James*, I began Our mission: To guide proactive people through their unique Transition Journey™ with the Positive Practices™. *Working with Barbara shows up on my gratitude list every day.
My goals for
- Share the wisdom of healthy transitions.
- Guide you through the normal phases of your transition journey.
- Teach proactive people how to navigate change in healthy ways by using the Positive Practices™.
- Open my own life and tell you how my Transition Journey™ goes — the ups and the downs.
People. Places. Profession. Personal Wellness. All of these change. Shift Happens.
I’m here to help proactive people navigate life’s inevitable changes with intention and grace.
I work with Barbara to serve up transition wisdom in refreshing portions. Along with small groups and face-to-face seminars, we share what we know right here on our site. Be good to yourself and be the first to know what’s brewing!
A bit more about me
- I love the word Redemption.
- Barbara James and I are collecting all our transition wisdom in one place and writing The Small Guide To Life’s Big Changes.
- I’m the creator of rebeccawringcrane.com. This is my portfolio for my interests, questions, creative process, and culture-jamming ideas.
- I’ve had a home address in Beirut, Khartoum, and Nairobi, and now live in Riverside, California.
- Color makes me very happy!
- I spent most of my life thinking I was un-friendable. I got over that.
- I live with my true love.
- True love and I have two grown children. Our lovelies have taught us many transition truths. They make us laugh. A lot.
- I am learning to love and listen to my body as I adjust to life with Myasthenia Gravis.
- I like hearing from you. Send me a note! rebecca at transitioning dot me